ZappBots wishes a warm welcome to everyone.

Especially our visitors from
Savage///Circuits and Parallax!!!

Please take a look our new forums, we hope you register and become an active user.

The ZappBots forums are being run on phpBB 3.1.4 software which is different then the vBulletin used on the Savage///Circuits and Parallax forums.
Therefore, things look and work a little different, especially creating posts and uploading images / attachments.

The important thing is we have a place toTalk, Learn and Showcase our projects.

My setup

Open Discussion and Chatter [Non-Topic Discussion]
Please read the Rules & Guidelines post before making any posts on the forums.
Please make your first post a reply to the New Members Introduction post.
jknightandkarr
Location: Hopelessly lost on the USS-Titanic 968 years from home....

My setup

Postby jknightandkarr » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:01 am

My work n play area. The computer is custom built by me and has: a Gigabyte 970a-ds3p motherboard with a
4.0 GHz Fx-8350 8-core CPU, 16 GB of Corsair Vengeance DDR3, 2 6000 rpm fans on a fan controller attached to a thermal-take Frio Extreme, 2 120mm 6k RPM fans, color changing light strips, color changing keyboard and mouse, an 8GB XFX Radeon RX 580 gts black edition video card running the 2 monitors, one had a Raspberry Pi 4 4Gb attached to it. Just starting to get parts for upgrade, got a Ryzen 7 3700x CPU, which has 8 cores, 3.6 GHz and MUCH more power then my current one!
Also got an GW Instek SFG-1013 function generator and GOS-620 oscilloscope an unknown brand model 8100a multi-function counter attached to it, a 4 ch. Rigol DS1054z digital scope, 858d hotair station. Rs digital soldering station and 2 Tekpower TP1803d power supplies. Got Arduino Uno and Mega 2560 kits am trying to learn that currently sitting on my Dell Inspiron unknown model little bit older gaming laptop. Both computers on windows 10. Last is my Epson ET-2720 Ecotank printer and have https://www.eevblog.com/product/bm235/ on the way, going to get a 2nd meter from him when his store opens back up.
I am planning to add a top on to desk with shelves to reorganize better but due to increase cost of wood around here due to the apocalypse virus can't afford to right now. Not the best stuff, but does my purpose.

What anyone else have?

Joe
Attachments
joe1.jpg
(207.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
My website- Http://titaniceng.altervista.org/

My Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/TitanicElectronicsGames/

~Owner, Designer & Builder Killer K.A.R.R.
~Starfleet Captain Joe R.
USS-Titanic Registry Number NCC-1513
Launched: Star Date 48509.9 Galaxy Class, Titanic Sub-Class Starship Max Warp: 15.96

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Re: My setup

Postby Savage///Circuits » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:39 pm

With the exception of my last two PCs, I built everything myself. But this is my second pre-built. Alienware AREA-51 R5, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7980XE CPU @ 2.60GHz (18 cores / 36 logical CPUs, liquid-cooled), 32.0 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD and 2 TB secondary drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Titanium (11 GB Video RAM) with three ASUS 28" HD monitors. Logitech Z625 2.1 Speaker System.

I also have a laptop that I do PLC work on, but I will post those specs later.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not what you understand.

jknightandkarr
Location: Hopelessly lost on the USS-Titanic 968 years from home....

Re: My setup

Postby jknightandkarr » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:51 pm

Your computer wins lol

Joe
My website- Http://titaniceng.altervista.org/

My Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/TitanicElectronicsGames/

~Owner, Designer & Builder Killer K.A.R.R.
~Starfleet Captain Joe R.
USS-Titanic Registry Number NCC-1513
Launched: Star Date 48509.9 Galaxy Class, Titanic Sub-Class Starship Max Warp: 15.96

Return to “General Discussion”