ZappBots wishes a warm welcome to everyone.

Especially our visitors from
Savage///Circuits and Parallax!!!

Please take a look our new forums, we hope you register and become an active user.

The ZappBots forums are being run on phpBB 3.1.4 software which is different then the vBulletin used on the Savage///Circuits and Parallax forums.
Therefore, things look and work a little different, especially creating posts and uploading images / attachments.

The important thing is we have a place toTalk, Learn and Showcase our projects.

Stuck Message?

Suggestions, questions and answers related to the features and use of the forum site.
Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Stuck Message?

Postby Savage///Circuits » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:00 pm

There is a message in my "Outbox" from May 2015. It would seem the message did not send, though I am unsure as to why. Nor can I find a way to force it to send. Any ideas?
I'm only responsible for what I say, not what you understand.

zappman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Stuck Message?

Postby zappman » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:52 pm

Hi Chris,

I tried to solve this but I could not find a way. At the present time I am not able to see your private messages unless they were mailed to me and are in my message inbox. I don't know if it is/was ever possible, for me to see your private messages, not sent to me.

Regards,

Zappman
butlh ghajbogh nuv'e' yIHo'.
Admire the person with dirt under his fingernails.

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:05 pm

Bummer? =/

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Thu May 05, 2016 1:33 pm

So this happened again. I received a PM, replied to it and when I logged in later it was still in my Outbox, but not in my sent box. I replied to the message again and now there are two messages in my outbox. I'm not sure what's up, but to anyone who sends me a PM...if you don't get a reply, it's not because I didn't reply. I did.

zappman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby zappman » Thu May 05, 2016 2:02 pm

Savage///Circuits wrote:So this happened again. I received a PM, replied to it and when I logged in later it was still in my Outbox, but not in my sent box. I replied to the message again and now there are two messages in my outbox. I'm not sure what's up, but to anyone who sends me a PM...if you don't get a reply, it's not because I didn't reply. I did.

Chris,

Sorry you are having troubles with PMs.

I sent you a PM to see if you able to reply to me.

Regards,

zappman

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Thu May 05, 2016 4:43 pm

Let me know if you get it. I show three (3) in my outbox now.

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Thu May 05, 2016 4:44 pm

I also sent you a different PM before I posted this. Did you get that one?

zappman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby zappman » Thu May 05, 2016 6:23 pm

Savage///Circuits wrote:I also sent you a different PM before I posted this. Did you get that one?

No, I did not get your PM.

What browser and version are you using?

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Fri May 06, 2016 12:56 am

I 'm using Google Chrome Version 50.0.2661.94 m

The original PM I sent you was asking about where to post the discussion threads for the projects on Savage///Circuits. The existing project forums don't seem appropriate since the content isn't here, just linked.

So far I have had stuck messages in my Outbox at least 5 times from 4 different members I sent a PM to. So those people probably think I am ignoring them.

When I sent your PM I initially got a server error from your end that said something about a configuration error and a delay in response time from the server, but I hit the back button, hit send again and it said the message was sent. It doesn't appear in my Outbox OR Sent Items. It's just gone! :?

zappman
Administrator
Administrator

Outbox & the Sent messages folders --- Re: Stuck Message?

Postby zappman » Fri May 06, 2016 7:30 am

Chris,

Thank You for contacting Technical Support.

After some testing and research, I have the answer to some of your questions / issues using "Private Messaging" on these forums.

Please see the information below taken from
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3.1/ug/userguide/pm_folders/

Message Folders

Just like in your e-mail client, all private messages are stored in folders. Working with folders is similar to working with forums in phpBB 3.1. The Inbox is your default incoming message folder. All messages you receive will appear in here.

Sent messages will appear in either the Outbox or the Sent messages folder. As long as the recipient(s) have not yet read the message, it will stay in the Outbox. As soon as someone reads the message it will be archived to the Sent messages folder. If the administrator allows it, you can edit messages after sending them as long as they are in the Outbox and the recipients have not yet read them.

Each folder, including Sent messages and Outbox, can hold a board-defined amount of messages. This is a global setting that only a board administrator can change. An info text displays the current number of allowed messages and the current percentage of space your messages are using at the top of each folder. If no restriction is displayed, you are allowed unlimited messages in each folder.
Note

Please note that the total amount of messages allowed is a per-folder setting. You can have multiple folders which each allow 50 messages for instance. If you have 3 folders, your actual global limit is 150 messages, but each folder can only contain up to 50 messages by itself. It is not possible to merge folders and have one with more messages than the limit.

Return to “Forum Support”