ZappBots wishes a warm welcome to everyone.

Especially our visitors from
Savage///Circuits and Parallax!!!

Please take a look our new forums, we hope you register and become an active user.

The ZappBots forums are being run on phpBB 3.1.4 software which is different then the vBulletin used on the Savage///Circuits and Parallax forums.
Therefore, things look and work a little different, especially creating posts and uploading images / attachments.

The important thing is we have a place toTalk, Learn and Showcase our projects.

Racing G-Sensor with Memsic 2125

Thinking about a project? This is the place to share your ideas and gather information.
Electrons-R-Fun

Racing G-Sensor with Memsic 2125

Postby Electrons-R-Fun » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:04 pm

I wanted to build a lateral G sensor indicator for my car when I'm out running around on the race track. Since I have a Memsic 2125 and Parallax has a quick start program for this sensor I will try too make this combination work for what I have in mind.

While driving, I usually only have enough time for a glance, so I wanted to use 3 inch seven segment numbers to display the current G-Forces. I think the current Object only, ( don't know if this is the correct way of saying this?) prints to a LCD or computer ( which will be way too small too read while trying to keep the car under control).

Does anyone know if there is an seven segment driver IC that takes the communication information from the "print" command that the object would put out to the Parallax Serial Terminal/LCD screen and would display the values the same way as the LCD but just as the larger LED's instead for easier viewing, or do I have to do something with some code to make it work with some seven segment driver?

Jason

Return to “Project Ideas”