ZappBots wishes a warm welcome to everyone.

Especially our visitors from
Savage///Circuits and Parallax!!!

Please take a look our new forums, we hope you register and become an active user.

The ZappBots forums are being run on phpBB 3.1.4 software which is different then the vBulletin used on the Savage///Circuits and Parallax forums.
Therefore, things look and work a little different, especially creating posts and uploading images / attachments.

The important thing is we have a place toTalk, Learn and Showcase our projects.

Birthday Tiara Project

The place for members to showcase their completed projects.
Electrons-R-Fun

Birthday Tiara Project

Postby Electrons-R-Fun » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:56 am

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on November 25th, 2014, 12:13 AM by ElectronsRfun with edits

This is a small project I made for Lisa's birthday for her to wear, it uses two 555 timers in Astable mode to power 14 total (7 led's each 555, at different rates) surface mount white LED's. I use two 3 volt lithium coin battery's wired in series (6 volts) to power the Tiara for the day.

In this picture you can see the surface mount LED's I striped off of one of those rolls of LED you can get for $7 dollars.

In this picture I was able to capture only half the LED's on while one of the 555's was off.

In this picture I was able to capture the other 7 LED's flashing on while the other 7 were off.

In this picture I was able to capture all 14 LED's on at the same time, were both 555 were overlapping.

In this picture you can see the coin cell and coin cell holder on one side. The 555 and caps also are visible.

In this picture you can see how I covered most of the components with glitter to "hide" them. The components are held in place by a combination of hot glue and soldier.

This picture is the back side of the Tiara and how I wired the LED's.The red magnet wire is slightly visible. I tried to hide the wires with glitter. The negatives are all soldier directly to the Tiara itself so the frame of the tiara is a conductor itself.

Rear view of the Tiara

The Birthday Tiara Video
https://youtu.be/bmRZwIeP5Rc

The Birthday Tiara Schematic

JDISME

Re: Birthday Tiara Project

Postby JDISME » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:11 am

I like how you hid the battery, easy to cover up with any hair. How long did it last on the battery? Was it designed for a single night? I bet you where the champion for the Birthday girl, as how could you miss her now wearing flashing LEDs. :D
Joshua Donelson

Electrons-R-Fun

Re: Birthday Tiara Project

Postby Electrons-R-Fun » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:28 pm

Joshua,

The batteries lasted a long time... I believe the last time I checked they are still running the LED's. Having the LED's blink was very attention getting and definitely made her feel unique and important.

Jason

Return to “Completed Projects”