ZappBots wishes a warm welcome to everyone.

Especially our visitors from
Savage///Circuits and Parallax!!!

Please take a look our new forums, we hope you register and become an active user.

The ZappBots forums are being run on phpBB 3.1.4 software which is different then the vBulletin used on the Savage///Circuits and Parallax forums.
Therefore, things look and work a little different, especially creating posts and uploading images / attachments.

The important thing is we have a place toTalk, Learn and Showcase our projects.

Working with SMT devices

A place to talk about anything about electronics that does not fit in one of the below categories.
jknightandkarr
Location: Hopelessly lost on the USS-Titanic 968 years from home....

Working with SMT devices

Postby jknightandkarr » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:58 pm

Well as the title suggests I am looking for information on working with SMT devices. I have some info on soldering, but not all, but i am looking for other information as well.
1)testing smt devices.
2)telling the various components appart, such as and esp caps, resists and diodes.
3)the best temps to solder at/resoldering, and should I have the pcb preheated and if so what temp?
4)using an oven to solder.
I have an old toaster oven that I am going to use for batch component soldering. I am going to take the unit appart and create digital controlls for it. It has a built in fan, maybe i can use it to either a)help the hot air circulate better n keep the air temp more stable across the pcb(s) and/or b) help controll the temp of air upon the the cycle finishing and getting thr air temp to drop at a controlled speed. I know i need at least 2 thermocouples or other temp probes. I have a propeller modual i can use for the project. The only other info I need is proper heating pcb proper cooling of pcb, and of course the time and temp(s) needed for soldering in it.

Joe
My website- Http://titaniceng.altervista.org/

My Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/TitanicElectronicsGames/

~Owner, Designer & Builder Killer K.A.R.R.
~Starfleet Captain Joe R.
USS-Titanic Registry Number NCC-1513
Launched: Star Date 48509.9 Galaxy Class, Titanic Sub-Class Starship Max Warp: 15.96

Return to “Electronics: General Discussion”