ZappBots wishes a warm welcome to everyone.

Especially our visitors from
Savage///Circuits and Parallax!!!

Please take a look our new forums, we hope you register and become an active user.

The ZappBots forums are being run on phpBB 3.1.4 software which is different then the vBulletin used on the Savage///Circuits and Parallax forums.
Therefore, things look and work a little different, especially creating posts and uploading images / attachments.

The important thing is we have a place toTalk, Learn and Showcase our projects.

WS2812B Vs 55w driving lamp bulb

A place to talk about anything about electronics that does not fit in one of the below categories.
jknightandkarr
Location: Hopelessly lost on the USS-Titanic 968 years from home....

WS2812B Vs 55w driving lamp bulb

Postby jknightandkarr » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:04 pm

As the title suggests I wish to compare the WS2812B leds vs 55w driving lamp bulbs. Now first off the bulbs I am trying to replace are in my knight rider scanner, not driving or fog lamps. I see from the datasheet that the WS2812B the red led provided about 400 lumins, i havent had much luck yet on finding lumins on the 55w driving lamp bulbs, but i did compare the red led on the WS2812B to other led automotive bulbs. The led replacements for the 1156 style bulb provides 180 lumins according to the manufacture, and they look pretty bright. My question is are the WS2812B's brighter then normal autobulbs? I thought of making a 2x2 modual for my project to replace 1 of the 55w driving lamp bulb. Basically same idea as the ones Parallax sells, but with 4 leds instead of 1. All leds get same data, so they are 1 bit moduals, not 4 bit. Until I locate info on the driving lamp bulbs, any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Joe
My website- Http://titaniceng.altervista.org/

My Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/TitanicElectronicsGames/

~Owner, Designer & Builder Killer K.A.R.R.
~Starfleet Captain Joe R.
USS-Titanic Registry Number NCC-1513
Launched: Star Date 48509.9 Galaxy Class, Titanic Sub-Class Starship Max Warp: 15.96

zappman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: WS2812B Vs 55w driving lamp bulb

Postby zappman » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:02 pm

You have not given the part number for "your" 55w driving lamp bulb, however, try the link below and see if it gives you the info you need.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?173079-H3-vs-H4-lumen-output
butlh ghajbogh nuv'e' yIHo'.
Admire the person with dirt under his fingernails.

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:37 pm

It also seems like an Apples to Oranges comparison in a sense. I mean that's a programmable RGB LED versus a light bulb with a lens. Lumens aside, control of each of these is vastly different.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not what you understand.

jknightandkarr
Location: Hopelessly lost on the USS-Titanic 968 years from home....

Postby jknightandkarr » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:53 pm

zappman wrote:You have not given the part number for "your" 55w driving lamp bulb, however, try the link below and see if it gives you the info you need.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?173079-H3-vs-H4-lumen-output

I think mine is an H3. Looks simalar to it.
Savage///Circuits wrote:It also seems like an Apples to Oranges comparison in a sense. I mean that's a programmable RGB LED versus a light bulb with a lens. Lumens aside, control of each of these is vastly different.

I know the H3 uses 8 outputs, aside from needing mosfets or a power transistor,is the pattern. While the other uses 1 output n the pattern is shifted out to it instead of moving 1 of 8 outputs high n off, n next bulb. The led documentation should give me all of the info that i'd need on creating a new ver of the kitt scanner bar program. Led advantage is I can EASILY create the trailing effect since they are programable in color and brightness via the color data variable(s).

Joe
My website- Http://titaniceng.altervista.org/

My Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/TitanicElectronicsGames/

~Owner, Designer & Builder Killer K.A.R.R.
~Starfleet Captain Joe R.
USS-Titanic Registry Number NCC-1513
Launched: Star Date 48509.9 Galaxy Class, Titanic Sub-Class Starship Max Warp: 15.96

Return to “Electronics: General Discussion”