ZappBots wishes a warm welcome to everyone.

Especially our visitors from
Savage///Circuits and Parallax!!!

Please take a look our new forums, we hope you register and become an active user.

The ZappBots forums are being run on phpBB 3.1.4 software which is different then the vBulletin used on the Savage///Circuits and Parallax forums.
Therefore, things look and work a little different, especially creating posts and uploading images / attachments.

The important thing is we have a place toTalk, Learn and Showcase our projects.

Wanted a check of my work.

A place to talk about anything about electronics that does not fit in one of the below categories.
jknightandkarr
Location: Hopelessly lost on the USS-Titanic 968 years from home....

Wanted a check of my work.

Postby jknightandkarr » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:50 pm

I am using DipTrace to create a couple of PCB's and wanted someone to check my work. If anyone could do that for me I'd appreciate it. Besides DipTrace files I can export my scematic and pcb files as dxf p-cad ascii and the pcb in those 3 files plus gerber.

Its a Propeller project that has DTMF tone gen output via LM386N and speaker and has 10 buttons and 10 outputs to transistors n out to a separate relay board. The buttons are added via a 3.3 v dc wire connector n back in to the board, so anyone can choose their own momentary push buttons. The relay board will mount to the bottom of the first pcb with spacers and screws/nuts.

Joe
My website- Http://titaniceng.altervista.org/

My Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/TitanicElectronicsGames/

~Owner, Designer & Builder Killer K.A.R.R.
~Starfleet Captain Joe R.
USS-Titanic Registry Number NCC-1513
Launched: Star Date 48509.9 Galaxy Class, Titanic Sub-Class Starship Max Warp: 15.96

zappman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Wanted a check of my work.

Postby zappman » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:43 pm

You need to attach or provide a link to your files. Simplest thing would be to print them to pdf files. And you need to provide a parts list, the data sheets for the parts on the parts list and a description of how the board is supposed to work.
butlh ghajbogh nuv'e' yIHo'.
Admire the person with dirt under his fingernails.

jknightandkarr

Postby jknightandkarr » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:47 am

I made a pic of the scematics and going to do the same on the pcb top n bottom layers. Will post when I get it done.

Joe

Launched: Star Date 48509.9 Galaxy Class, Titanic Sub-Class Starship Max Warp: 15.96

jknightandkarr

Postby jknightandkarr » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:51 pm

Ok, I have finally gotten my work ready to check. The zip file is here: http://www.titaniceng.altervista.org/Joe1.zip

There are 3 pics in there, one of the scematic and 2 of the PCB design. There's a spin program from the Object Exchange for referance to a possable change in the design. As a note, I did find and already correct an issue with the LM386N's scematic. See the text doc for details. This error still exhists on the 3 screenshots I did. Just didn't correct the images in the zip file. Thanks.

Joe

jknightandkarr

Postby jknightandkarr » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:07 pm

Ok, I just finished testing 2 different ways of making DTMF Tones out of the Propeller

1) Design Modification. 2 I/O Pin's and CTRA & CRTB
Freq Tested using Freq Counter set to 10MHz on Propeller I/O Pin 0 then I/O Pin 1 to test each freq separate

Code: Select all

CON

_clkmode = xtal1 + pll16x            ' Set up clkfreq = 80 MHz.
  _xinfreq = 5_000_000

PUB TestFrequency

'Configure ctra module
  ctra[30..26] := %00100               ' Set ctra for "NCO single-ended"
  ctrb[30..26] :=%00100
  ctra[5..0] := 0                     ' Set APIN to P0
  ctrb[5..0] := 1
  frqa := 45_741                      ' Set frqa for 852 Hz using: FRQA/B = frequency × (232 ÷ clkfreq)
  frqb := 71_726                      ' Set frqa for 1,336 Hz using: FRQA/B = frequency × (232 ÷ clkfreq)
  'Broadcast the signal for 1 s
  dira[0]~~
  dira[1]~~
  repeat                           ' Set P27 to output
    waitcnt(clkfreq + cnt)               ' Wait for tone to play for 1 s

Result: Success!
Reason: The Propeller created the 852 & 1336 frequencys as exspected. I had to remove the connection for the channel not being tested to get true reading, even though the Caps I tested with are polarized, the signal from other channel still was combined no matter what channel I tested,but I took into acct the combined reading to compair with the reading I got from my current design. More on this in a moment...

2) My current design. 1 I/O Pin and CTRA & CRTB
Freq Tested using Freq Counter set to 10MHz on Propeller I/O Pin 0 only

Code: Select all

CON

_clkmode = xtal1 + pll16x            ' Set up clkfreq = 80 MHz.
  _xinfreq = 5_000_000

PUB TestFrequency

'Configure ctra module
  ctra[30..26] := %00100               ' Set ctra for "NCO single-ended"
  ctrb[30..26] :=%00100
  ctra[5..0] := 0                     ' Set APIN to P0
  ctrb[5..0] := 1
  frqa := 45_741                      ' Set frqa for 852 Hz using: FRQA/B = frequency × (232 ÷ clkfreq)
  frqb := 71_726                      ' Set frqa for 1,336 Hz using: FRQA/B = frequency × (232 ÷ clkfreq)
  'Broadcast the signal for 1 s
  dira[0]~~
  dira[1]~~
  repeat                           ' Set P27 to output
    waitcnt(clkfreq + cnt)               ' Wait for tone to play for 1 s

Result: FAILURE!
Reason: While a DTMF tone IS created, the tone is NOT 852 & 1336. Since I obviously can't test each freqency at a time, I took a look at the combined frequency displayed on the freq counter. From this test I got like 1.1K reading on the freq counter display. While on the 1st meathod which uses 2 I/O pins and combines them using 2 10uF caps I got a reading of like 2.0 -2.2K on the freq counter. While I didn't write the 2 combined signals down, I don't remember their true values, but the range are still NOT identical as I expected, as a result, even though the 2 spin objects are technically the SAME, and produce each individual freq the results are VERY different.

So from these 2 tests I now now I need to add a line I/O 28 & use I/O 29 and add 2 10uF caps to combine the signals to get the desired result! I/O pin 29 gets output directly to a 10uF cap then I/O 28 goes to that first cap on output side. From there I need to place the 2nd 10uF cap onto I/O Pin 28 then it gets sent to the LM386 audio amp circuit. I will make changes and repost when I got that finished.

Joe

Ok, I know someone is wondering why I am outputing the first 8 of 10 onto separate channels from outputs 9 & 10. I thought that since I/O pins on 28 & 29 are connected to the EEPROM, to avoid any possable accidental & unwanted activation of anything connected to outputs 9 & 10. I'd just jump over those I/O pins and goto pins 30 & 31 instead. I don't know for sure if the EEPROM data being imported on Propeller startup, but I figured better be safe, then possably upsetting someone. LOL.

Return to “Electronics: General Discussion”