ZappBots wishes a warm welcome to everyone.

Especially our visitors from
Savage///Circuits and Parallax!!!

Please take a look our new forums, we hope you register and become an active user.

The ZappBots forums are being run on phpBB 3.1.4 software which is different then the vBulletin used on the Savage///Circuits and Parallax forums.
Therefore, things look and work a little different, especially creating posts and uploading images / attachments.

The important thing is we have a place toTalk, Learn and Showcase our projects.

How to Help a 99.9% paralyzed person

This is the place to talk about Bio-Medical Electronics
Electrons-R-Fun

Re: How to Help a 99.9% paralyzed person

Postby Electrons-R-Fun » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:54 pm

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on May 25th, 2014, 12:15 AM by ElectronsRfun

Hi Blodgar

Thanks for the post. I did know about the Emotiv headset and a few others types, and have been looking at the EEG headset not their EPOC one. I have been wondering about this one http://emotiv.com/store/hardware/epoc-b ... roheadset/

My biggest problem will be learning how to " Hack" the head set information. I did contact Emotiv and asked them how their wireless system connects with their USB dongle but they just said it connects wirelessly through their USB dongle, I tried to see it it was Bluetooth or Xbee or something else.

Anyway they also sale am educatuional package but it is monstrous dollars. Brain fingers also might work but I am not sure if the headband is better than the Emotiv's headset. I don't know anyone nor have I heard anything about these devices (except they don't work very well)

Electrons-R-Fun

Postby Electrons-R-Fun » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:58 pm

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on May 25th, 2014, 01:23 AM by ElectronsRfun

HI all,

I just wanted to point out in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQrytBbSbsA

the user is cheating!!! He is moving his eyebrows up and down and smiling a lot to activate those switches. Watch his ears and eyebrows. It is true the Emotiv headset does pick up these facial changes if you can make them. So this particular user is using muscle the typical patient with ALS can only use very early on in the diagnosis probably just a few months.

I also noticed the video editing cuts in the video, which probably means the user could not get the headband to work correctly or in a timely manor at those times.

Electrons-R-Fun

Postby Electrons-R-Fun » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:05 am

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on August 6th, 2014, 08:24 AM by ElectronsRfun

I have been very busy working on a few things here at home and this is one of those things. This is a screen capture of me interfacing my Emotiv EEG headset with the Parallax Propeller through the Propeller PST to control the matrix grid which speaks a prewritten programmed statement.

Yep I finally got the matrix grid up and running. The grid has a 100 choices only 8 working right now(tons of wiring going for proof of concept) that can be controlled by the LISA alarm or the Emotiv headset.

I will make a video so everything can been seen in more clarity to how it all works together seamlessly. Well so far anyway. Lisa will probably
be able to break it for me.

Jason

(Full size picture lost during forum migration)

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:08 am

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on August 6th, 2014, 03:56 PM by Chris Savage

Interesting stuff. It looks like you have more than one instance of the Propeller Tool running as well as the Parallax Serial Terminal. Busy guy!
I'm only responsible for what I say, not what you understand.

Return to “Bio-Medical Electronics”