ZappBots wishes a warm welcome to everyone.

Especially our visitors from
Savage///Circuits and Parallax!!!

Please take a look our new forums, we hope you register and become an active user.

The ZappBots forums are being run on phpBB 3.1.4 software which is different then the vBulletin used on the Savage///Circuits and Parallax forums.
Therefore, things look and work a little different, especially creating posts and uploading images / attachments.

The important thing is we have a place toTalk, Learn and Showcase our projects.

Linear Integratable Signal Assistant (L.I.S.A.) Alarm

This is the place to talk about Bio-Medical Electronics
Electrons-R-Fun

Re: Linear Integratable Signal Assistant (L.I.S.A.) Alarm

Postby Electrons-R-Fun » Sat May 30, 2015 7:46 pm

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on July 1st, 2014, 12:44 PM by ElectronsRfun

Here I made a video of how the alarm I built for Chris ( not Chris Savage) works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE6yboORYFI
(Noted on May 30,2015: The above link does not work, the video is not available)

Electrons-R-Fun

Postby Electrons-R-Fun » Sat May 30, 2015 7:52 pm

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on August 6th, 2014, 07:02 AM by ElectronsRfun

Here are the circuit boards for the matrix grid. Still 90 more to wire up.

grid 1.jpg
(168.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
grid 2.jpg
(182.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
grid 3.jpg
(189.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
grid 4.jpg
(192.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Granz
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA, Terra, Sol, Andromeda Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Milky Way Cluster, Local Universe

Postby Granz » Sat May 30, 2015 7:55 pm

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on August 6th, 2014, 08:34 AM by Granz

Wow, nice work. What are the chips (I'm guessing the drivers) that you have laid out in the matrix pattern? When I enlarged the picture, it was too fuzzy to read the chips?

Wait, what did you mean "Still 90 more to wire up"? Are you already going into production with these, or are you actually using that many in Lisa's system?
Art G. Granzeier III, President
GranzTronix
http://projects.granzeier.com
Helping to Build a Better Engineer

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Sat May 30, 2015 8:02 pm

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on August 6th, 2014, 12:54 PM by Chris Savage

Originally Posted by Granz

Wait, what did you mean "Still 90 more to wire up"?

I was wondering the same thing! It is nice work though. I see a lot of hand-wired boards these days and they don't all look so nicely done. ;)
I'm only responsible for what I say, not what you understand.

Electrons-R-Fun

Postby Electrons-R-Fun » Sat May 30, 2015 8:07 pm

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on August 6th, 2014, 07:51 PM by ElectronsRfun

I only know a few chips so most of my stuff is built with the 4000 series family cmos logic chips.

I am using the prop as the heart of the hole thing. A video is needed to explain the whole thing and how it works. But it uses 4017 decade counter, 4049 hex inverters, 4081 AND gates, lm358 as a voltage follower, 74hc165 for the 32 inputs for the emic.

Then I will add in a new propeller with 4 more 74hc165 to pick up some of the other inputs, and some will drive other stuff.
Wait, what did you mean "Still 90 more to wire up"? Are you already going into production with these, or are you actually using that many in Lisa's system?

Yea the matrix grid actually uses 100 inputs. 10 X 10 gird.

I only have the first row wired up and working. The vertical columns scrolls but only the first 10 in row one are hooked up to the emic speaking the 8 different statements assigned to them.

The very bottom row is for Lisa to control the robot arm.

One row will be just to control the mouse curers on a computer.

The second to last row is to control the PS-3 to watch movies on Amazon or Netflix

32 of the inputs are for spoken statements but I might add 32 more. I know this can be done with one propeller but I heard it's hard.

Can't remember what the rest were going to be for.

Could the new item at Parallax DE0-Nano Cyclone FPGA Board have been programmed to control my matrix grid instead of the huge wiring job. The whole thing works on logic gates.

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Sat May 30, 2015 8:09 pm

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on August 6th, 2014, 08:24 PM by Chris Savage

That's a lot of work! And that's dedication. I haven't seen anyone use raw logic chips in this manner since myself in the 90s!

Granz
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA, Terra, Sol, Andromeda Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Milky Way Cluster, Local Universe

Postby Granz » Sat May 30, 2015 8:12 pm

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on August 7th, 2014, 08:09 AM by Granz

Originally Posted by ElectronsRfun
Yea the matrix grid actually uses 100 inputs. 10 X 10 gird.

I only have the first row wired up and working. The vertical columns scrolls but only the first 10 in row one are hooked up to the emic speaking the 8 different statements assigned to them.

Ok, whew! I thought that you had the entire board wired up, and were needing to wire up 90 more BOARDS! As if one board is not hard enough.

What was the reason that you decided on a discrete LED board, rather than a (32", 40", 50"...) large-screen television as a re-configurable display? Just curious, this is really awesome - especially having done it with discrete logic.
GranzTronix

Electrons-R-Fun

Postby Electrons-R-Fun » Sat May 30, 2015 8:16 pm

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on August 7th, 2014, 08:51 AM by ElectronsRfun

Actually the real reason it's not on a computer screen or TV is because I am ignorant despite what Paul would want me to be. I don't know how to write a program that would display the information on the screen but I understand logic so I made it that way.

Also Lisa has a hard time reading sometimes but she sees colors just fine that's why all the LEDS going across are different colors to help Lisa to know the difference between choices. I need to do the video. What I think would be best is a screen that scrolls in sync with the matrix grid and displays what the current LED that is lite up represents. So if the LED that is lite represent the Emic saying Hello World the Hello world would be displayed on the screen.

Yep that would be the coolest thing ever. But I'm dumb don't know how to do that.

Granz

Postby Granz » Sat May 30, 2015 8:20 pm

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on August 7th, 2014, 10:23 AM by Granz

Originally Posted by ElectronsRfun
Actually the real reason it's not on a computer screen or TV is because I am ignorant despite what Paul would want me to be. I don't know how to write a program that would display the information on the screen but I understand logic so I made it that way.

Also Lisa has a hard time reading sometimes but she sees colors just fine that's why all the LEDS going across are different colors to help Lisa to know the difference between choices. I need to do the video. What I think would be best is a screen that scrolls in sync with the matrix grid and displays what the current LED that is lite up represents. So if the LED that is lite represent the Emic saying Hello World the Hello world would be displayed on the screen.

Yep that would be the coolest thing ever. But I'm dumb don't know how to do that.

And that right there explains the discrete LEDs - good choice, Jason.

I am working on a couple of diagrams to try to explain how you could have done this a bit more easily (perhaps as few as 5 chips?) I'll post it soon.
GranzTronix

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Sat May 30, 2015 8:22 pm

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on August 7th, 2014, 11:35 AM by Chris Savage

Since the Propeller can output VGA and most HDTVs have a VGA input it shouldn't be too difficult should you ever choose this method. There is a graphics object which makes it easy to display boxes and things and even a demo of it that Chip Gracey did many years ago. Several members of the Parallax forums have created retro video games on it so there are plenty of examples of using it.

Return to “Bio-Medical Electronics”