ZappBots wishes a warm welcome to everyone.

Especially our visitors from
Savage///Circuits and Parallax!!!

Please take a look our new forums, we hope you register and become an active user.

The ZappBots forums are being run on phpBB 3.1.4 software which is different then the vBulletin used on the Savage///Circuits and Parallax forums.
Therefore, things look and work a little different, especially creating posts and uploading images / attachments.

The important thing is we have a place toTalk, Learn and Showcase our projects.

Linear Integratable Signal Assistant (L.I.S.A.) Alarm

This is the place to talk about Bio-Medical Electronics
Electrons-R-Fun

Re: Linear Integratable Signal Assistant (L.I.S.A.) Alarm

Postby Electrons-R-Fun » Fri May 29, 2015 6:27 am

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on April 17th, 2014, 10:39 PM by ElectronsRfun

Well I don't know about iPad but I got my android phone to work with the air turn and the LISA system. Lisa was able to turn a few pages of a free book using the app moon + reader.

Jason

Electrons-R-Fun

Postby Electrons-R-Fun » Fri May 29, 2015 7:18 am

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on May 7th, 2014, 06:55 AM by ElectronsRfun

Hey Art,

I know you are busy today but later after you get back can you let me know if the serial information coming off of the Force Trainer is 5 volts. I thought I might hook up the logic analyzer and have a look

Granz
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA, Terra, Sol, Andromeda Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Milky Way Cluster, Local Universe

Postby Granz » Fri May 29, 2015 7:22 am

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on May 7th, 2014, 07:44 AM by Granz

Originally Posted by ElectronsRfun
Hey Art,

I know you are busy today but later after you get back can you let me know if the serial information coming off of the Force Trainer is 5 volts. I thought I might hook up the logic analyzer and have a look

I'm pretty sure that it was 3.3V, but I will double-check when I get home.
Art G. Granzeier III, President
GranzTronix
http://projects.granzeier.com
Helping to Build a Better Engineer

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Fri May 29, 2015 7:26 am

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on May 7th, 2014, 11:22 AM by Chris Savage

Hey Art, I know you are busy today but later after you get back can you let me know if the serial information coming off of the Force Trainer is 5 volts. I thought I might hook up the logic analyzer and have a look

The cool thing is that if the data is serial, you can totally see what is being sent, byte by byte using the Saleae Logic Analyzer.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not what you understand.

Electrons-R-Fun

Postby Electrons-R-Fun » Fri May 29, 2015 7:36 am

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on May 10th, 2014, 04:20 AM by ElectronsRfun with edits

Below is the Saleae captured data from the Force Trainer. The first one shows me concentrating, drifting off, concentrating, drifting off, and concentrating again before the level was complete.

The second image is a zoom in of just one of those lines from the first image. In the second image the pulses seem to vary by multiples of 18 micro seconds. So 18uS, 39uS, and 54uS. I did not see any other pulse on times but the low times varied greatly.

Have no idea what any of the above stuff means but there it is.

Force Trainer data stream.jpg
(49.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
18_36_54 data stream.jpg
(48.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Fri May 29, 2015 7:42 am

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on May 10th, 2014, 04:41 PM by Chris Savage with edits

Have no idea what any of the above stuff means but there it is.

These are the signals put out by the device. Here they appear to be a series of random highs / lows, but what if the information is serial in nature? You would need to activate one of the decoders to see what is being sent. If you want me to examine the data more closely, ZIP up the captures and attach them to a message.

Electrons-R-Fun

Postby Electrons-R-Fun » Fri May 29, 2015 7:46 am

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on May 10th, 2014, 04:20 AM by ElectronsRfun with edits

If you want me to examine the data more closely, ZIP up the captures and attach them to a message.

I would like that but first...

I'll have to learn how to do this.(Google time) I think you mean compress (zip) the capture from the Saleae not zip the paint capture. Is that correct?

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Fri May 29, 2015 7:57 am

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on May 10th, 2014, 04:41 PM by Chris Savage

I would like that but first...I'll have to learn how to do this.(Google time) I think you mean compress (zip) the capture from the Saleae not zip the paint capture. Is that correct?

No, the image capture isn't data, it is just a picture. The software cannot see anything in the picture that you can't see. Rather, the data captured by Logic can be analyzed. This data is stored in a buffer and you can see it on the display and zoom in / out, however you can also decode it. In order to get that data to me you need to capture it and then click Options > Save Session > Settings & Data. That way I can load the entire capture in an analyze it.

Logic_Capture_Save_Data.jpg
(82.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Fri May 29, 2015 10:29 pm

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on May 11th, 2014, 08:58 PM by Chris Savage

In your previous post, you mentioned 18 us which just happens to be pretty darn close to 57.6 Kbps, so I applied a decoder to the data with that rate and sure enough, it looks like the device is sending printable data. You would be able to see this information on a terminal. The format it is sending data in is as follows:

## ## #<cr><lf> (1 or 2-digit number followed by a space, then a 2-digit number followed by a space and finally a 1-digit number followed by a carriage return and line-feed. Here's the first few lines of data from your capture (attached).

13 56 0
8 56 0
8 43 0
8 43 0
14 43 0
14 40 0
14 40 0
14 40 0
24 35 0
24 35 0
24 35 0
26 41 0
etc.

So it seems there are three fields of values separated by a space and terminating in a CR/LF, which is standard for printable data. As far as I can tell taking a look at the data the last field is always 0, but that might change based on a setting or some other input. Since I don't have one of these force trainers I have no idea how they work. I am tempted to try and obtain one to investigate further. This was an interesting find.

Force Trainer Capture_Decoded.txt
(24.91 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

Electrons-R-Fun

Postby Electrons-R-Fun » Fri May 29, 2015 10:40 pm

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on May 12th, 2014, 02:58 AM by ElectronsRfun

Here are some pictures of the Saleae hooked up to the Force Trainer. Granz's Pics are much better I took mine at 4 am in the dark while Lisa was sleeping so they could be better but I hope they help some how.

20140511_023854.jpg
(155.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20140511_024000.jpg
(104.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20140511_024027.jpg
(131.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20140511_024045.jpg
(185.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Bio-Medical Electronics”