ZappBots wishes a warm welcome to everyone.

Especially our visitors from
Savage///Circuits and Parallax!!!

Please take a look our new forums, we hope you register and become an active user.

The ZappBots forums are being run on phpBB 3.1.4 software which is different then the vBulletin used on the Savage///Circuits and Parallax forums.
Therefore, things look and work a little different, especially creating posts and uploading images / attachments.

The important thing is we have a place toTalk, Learn and Showcase our projects.

Anyone heard from Chris?

Open Discussion and Chatter [Non-Topic Discussion]
Please read the Rules & Guidelines post before making any posts on the forums.
Please make your first post a reply to the New Members Introduction post.
Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Re: Anyone heard from Chris?

Postby Savage///Circuits » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:34 am

Hey guys...I guess you know from my last posts here that things were pretty bad. I lost my house and everything that I owned. The only things I had left were the two things I didn't really own...my truck and my RV. I spent 6 months living in my RV and during that time I lost access to my website and my domain was grabbed by a squatter who wanted $500 to get it back. When I lost the things in my storage unit I also lost all my test equipment and parts cabinets, etc. I literally had nothing.

I ended up in NY where I was visiting family for a reunion in Aug of 2018 and they asked me to stay to try and get my health back.

I only just recently got my domain back and decided to once more try and get stuff back online. Unfortunately certain things are unrecoverable. I lost ALL my videos from my YouTube channel. I can fathom that anyone has anyone could possibly have made local copies of those, so those are gone forever.

Obviously, I won't be working with Parallax products anymore. I've been collecting Arduino and other MCU related stuff. I also have a bunch of Raspberry Pi Modules and even some PLC stuff since my current job involves industrial control equipment.

I haven't posted anything new, done any new projects or written any new articles. TBH, I don't even know if Nuts and Volts / Servo is still in business and/or if they're publishing new articles. My tool reviews are probably over since I lost everything I had and have lost touch with my contacts at the various companies since I had no email access while my domain was under siege.

Well, we'll see who's still around and where things go from here.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not what you understand.

zappman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby zappman » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:06 pm

Hi Chris, I am very happy to hear from you :D . Thank you for sending me an e-mail, it reminded me to check the site and then I saw your post(s). I have sent you a longer reply to this post via e-mail, I hope you receive it (please check your spam folder)?

Regards,
zappman
butlh ghajbogh nuv'e' yIHo'.
Admire the person with dirt under his fingernails.

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:48 pm

I received your email and am replying now. A lot to catch up on for sure.

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:16 am

I'm shocked...weeks and not a single reply from any members...where did everyone go? :o

I've got Savage///Circuits up and running. Close to being able to put content back up. Lots of pans on the fires... :idea:

zappman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby zappman » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:52 pm

I am here and you are here, that seems to be all there is for now. I will be sending sent you an 2 e-mails about the SC files I have found so far.
butlh ghajbogh nuv'e' yIHo'.
Admire the person with dirt under his fingernails.

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:05 am

Still no former members coming back? How can we get a hold of some of these people?

Electrons-R-Fun

Postby Electrons-R-Fun » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:39 pm

There might be one other person here, not sure, but it could be me. :D

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:16 pm

Wouldn't it be cool if we could round up the old gang and catch up? Share our current projects/ideas? :geek:

The Savage///Circuits website itself is up. Content is coming. Right now trying to fix issues with menus and formatting.

Sadly, I am unable to recover from the old website all my reviews and tutorials, as well as my videos. :(

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:34 pm

Although I have zero interest in promoting Parallax products in the future, I was curious about the P2, especially since it took so many years and so many layoffs (including my own) to develop. So I just went online and purchased the following:

https://www.parallax.com/product/propel ... er-bundle/

https://www.parallax.com/product/p2-liv ... spin2-kit/

It will be interesting to see if the price / performance makes this new Propeller chip worthwhile for the type of projects I build. As it was, the P1 was a bit too expensive for most of the types of projects I built. Still, it is new...so we'll check it out, anyway... :idea:

Electrons-R-Fun

Postby Electrons-R-Fun » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:27 am

I have a P2 and am using the zoom meetings to watch Johnny Mac give a presentation on the Johnny Mac board ( the board looks a lot like the parallax professional board Chris designed). Any way, we are all using some LED's, a push button encoder, and a 2x16 LCD. The overall goal of the zoom meetings is to get many of us started.

Jason

Return to “General Discussion”