ZappBots wishes a warm welcome to everyone.

Especially our visitors from
Savage///Circuits and Parallax!!!

Please take a look our new forums, we hope you register and become an active user.

The ZappBots forums are being run on phpBB 3.1.4 software which is different then the vBulletin used on the Savage///Circuits and Parallax forums.
Therefore, things look and work a little different, especially creating posts and uploading images / attachments.

The important thing is we have a place toTalk, Learn and Showcase our projects.

R-Pi Digital Photo Frame

This is the Place to talk about Raspberry Pi single board computers
Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

R-Pi Digital Photo Frame

Postby Savage///Circuits » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:51 pm

I've got a Raspberry Pi 2. Booted a few times to set up and check out and then never touched again. The original application I got it for was to make my own NAS, but I ran out of time due to personal issues and bought a Buffalo Systems NAS. Then I got a Raspberry Pi 2 and it has never been powered up!

Now I have a Raspberry Pi 3 coming and I realized I want to do something with the original one...a digital photo frame.

Anyone know of any cool projects? I just want it to display photos like a slideshow, but also have the ability to show special photos on special dates automatically. For example, on Christmas show Christmas photos. On a birthday show photos of that person's birthday.

I don't think I want sounds, but perhaps text overlay would be cool.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not what you understand.

Return to “Raspberry Pi”