ZappBots wishes a warm welcome to everyone.

Especially our visitors from
Savage///Circuits and Parallax!!!

Please take a look our new forums, we hope you register and become an active user.

The ZappBots forums are being run on phpBB 3.1.4 software which is different then the vBulletin used on the Savage///Circuits and Parallax forums.
Therefore, things look and work a little different, especially creating posts and uploading images / attachments.

The important thing is we have a place toTalk, Learn and Showcase our projects.

Pocket Trader - Website / Mobile APP

Thinking about a project? This is the place to share your ideas and gather information.
JDISME

Pocket Trader - Website / Mobile APP

Postby JDISME » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Game Idea:
A stock trading game based on the information fed live from a Google Finance API or similar. The assets are all faux and the traders are players; everyone can name their firm the name they choose. Everyone gets a Million dollars to start, and game goes for 9 months; highest dollar total at the end of 9 months wins. Someone can play with others or solo. :idea: :idea:

Foreseeable Obstacles:
    Choose between programming a mobile app for the first time vs using a Drupel, Joomla, WP style of site that is mobile friendly
    Getting the word out about the game and build interest
    A growing path for the technology to support the interest growth (this is a future action, but good to have in the back of the mind)

What are your all thoughts on that? :?: :?:

Don't want to throw hours of work at something that is just a personal interest, I might still though. lol :D
Joshua Donelson

JDISME

Re: Pocket Trader - Website / Mobile APP

Postby JDISME » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Looks like I wasn't the only one with this idea; there is a mobile app and website apps. I didn't see one that does both app/website in one, so there is still room for improvements. haha :) A website based game I found is http://www.wallstreetsurvivor.com and it has a practice area. To start it gives $100k

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone :D
Joshua Donelson

Granz
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA, Terra, Sol, Andromeda Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Milky Way Cluster, Local Universe

Postby Granz » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:01 am

My uncle did something like this with his kids. He sold stock to them for one penny on the dollar, and then my cousins would read the paper to see how their stocks were doing, and when they wanted to sell, my uncle would buy them back. As I recall, this went on for a few years, with my cousins checking the stock pages of the paper almost every day. I believe that they made a little money off the game, but they learned a lot about how the stock market works.
Art G. Granzeier III, President
GranzTronix
http://projects.granzeier.com
Helping to Build a Better Engineer

JDISME

Postby JDISME » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:06 pm

That is a great idea; start em young and get used to doing research. It never hurts to teach someone on how to keep an eye out for good investment opportunities or trends either. :)
Joshua Donelson

Return to “Project Ideas”