ZappBots wishes a warm welcome to everyone.

Especially our visitors from
Savage///Circuits and Parallax!!!

Please take a look our new forums, we hope you register and become an active user.

The ZappBots forums are being run on phpBB 3.1.4 software which is different then the vBulletin used on the Savage///Circuits and Parallax forums.
Therefore, things look and work a little different, especially creating posts and uploading images / attachments.

The important thing is we have a place toTalk, Learn and Showcase our projects.

Wendy Savage’s ‘Ladybug’ wins 2nd place in contest to customize robot chassis

A place to talk about anything about robots / robotics that does not fit in one of the below categories.
zappman
Administrator
Administrator

Wendy Savage’s ‘Ladybug’ wins 2nd place in contest to customize robot chassis

Postby zappman » Thu May 14, 2015 7:15 pm

(Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums April 30th, 2015, 02:06 PM by zappman)
Wendy Savage’s / Miss Jo's ‘Ladybug’ is the Second Place Winner of the Parallaxian Challenge:
A contest for their employees to customize a small robot chassis

(Information below is copied from https://www.parallax.com/news/2015-0...-robot-chassis)

Parallax Insider News

Parallaxian Challenge: A contest for our employees to customize a small robot chassis

By: Ken Gracey Published: 28 April, 2015

While chatting at the office one afternoon we considered ways to add artistic interest/excitement to our small robot kits (Boe-Bot, Shield-Bot with Arduino, and ActivityBot) that have a single chassis in common.

Our standard aluminum robot chassis is just begging for customization. While we could provide out-of-the-box “variety” such as anodized color options, decals, etc., we honestly feel that would limit creativity. So we opened a challenge up to our fellow Parallaxians: a chassis decorating contest in the spirit of spring!

The results were inspiring and even our staff’s families even got into the act. We noticed that the entries reflected people’s occupations and their interests. We ended up with 14 contestants and voted for a winner - take a look at the photos above.

First Place Winner: Robert Reimer’s ‘Celestial Navigator’

• Second Place Winner: Wendy Savage’s ‘Ladybug’

Loudspeaker office announcement: “Claim your prizes at the next company meeting!”

- Ken Gracey, Parallax Inc.
    butlh ghajbogh nuv'e' yIHo'.
    Admire the person with dirt under his fingernails.

Savage///Circuits
    VIP
    VIP

Re: Wendy Savage’s ‘Ladybug’ wins 2nd place in contest to customize robot chassis

Postby Savage///Circuits » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:03 pm

I can't believe I missed this. I didn't realize this was posted. Thanks for sharing! Wendy sure loved to do artsy stuff. :geek:
    I'm only responsible for what I say, not what you understand.

Return to “Robotics: General Discussion”