ZappBots wishes a warm welcome to everyone.

Especially our visitors from
Savage///Circuits and Parallax!!!

Please take a look our new forums, we hope you register and become an active user.

The ZappBots forums are being run on phpBB 3.1.4 software which is different then the vBulletin used on the Savage///Circuits and Parallax forums.
Therefore, things look and work a little different, especially creating posts and uploading images / attachments.

The important thing is we have a place toTalk, Learn and Showcase our projects.

My K.A.R.R. Project

This is the place to talk about Automotive Electronics and Car Electronic Modifications
jknightandkarr
Location: Hopelessly lost on the USS-Titanic 968 years from home....

Re: My K.A.R.R. Project

Postby jknightandkarr » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:16 am

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on March 14th, 2014, 01:36 AM by jknightandkarr

Actually I was close. I've been watching the Tone2 variables and trying different things, all failed, usually ended up with different results somewhat random, but not what I wanted, and eventually I got it working just great! :D

Code: Select all

Tone1:=Tone1?                       'Get Random No. for 1st tone
Tone2:=Tone1 & %00001111            'Mask off upper 4 bits

I had to play around with it for awhile, but after moving Tone1:=?Tone1 to Tone1:=Tone1?
I got the results I've been looking for. Then I just used 2 sets of CASE commands and 0 to 15 to create DTMF1 & DTMF2 Tones. Now just gotta send em to the I/O pins. Lucky I've already played with that, so EASY part done. :lol:
Thanks for the help Chris.

Joe

4 Bit Random.zip
(7.44 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
My website- Http://titaniceng.altervista.org/

My Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/TitanicElectronicsGames/

~Owner, Designer & Builder Killer K.A.R.R.
~Starfleet Captain Joe R.
USS-Titanic Registry Number NCC-1513
Launched: Star Date 48509.9 Galaxy Class, Titanic Sub-Class Starship Max Warp: 15.96

Savage///Circuits
VIP
VIP

Postby Savage///Circuits » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:29 am

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on March 14th, 2014, 01:32 PM by Chris Savage

Okay, Jeff Martin from Parallax offered the following (attached) example for generating a number within a range. This program has the following requirements:

1. High and Low must be > -1 and < 2^31
2. Low < High

As it's written, it generates 10 pseudo-random values to the debug screen between 10 and 100:

Random := 1234_5678                                   'Init with some "seed" value 
Low := 10                                             'Set low end of range
High := 100                                           'Set high end of range

For a range of 0-15 you could change Low to 0 and High to 15. Note the seed value of 1234_5678. If you download this program to RAM repeatedly it will generate the same sequence of numbers, because the starting seed is always the same. My contribution / change to the program was to modify this:

Random := 1234_5678                                   'Init with some "seed" value

To this:

Random := cnt                                         'Init with system counter

Now when you run the code repeatedly you get different sequence each time because the internal counter is always changing. To return a random value into a variable simply use:

value := ( ?Random & $7FFF_FFFF / (POSX / (High-Low)) ) + Low

RandomPositiveScale v0.1.spin
(848 Bytes) Downloaded 10 times
I'm only responsible for what I say, not what you understand.

jknightandkarr

Postby jknightandkarr » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:34 am

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on March 14th, 2014, 01:42 PM by jknightandkarr

Cool. Thanks Chris. I'll check that program out as well. Much appeciated.

Joe

Launched: Star Date 48509.9 Galaxy Class, Titanic Sub-Class Starship Max Warp: 15.96

jknightandkarr

Postby jknightandkarr » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:51 am

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on August 8th, 2014, 01:31 PM by jknightandkarr

I have an update on my Killer KARR project. Thanks again for letting me show off my project here...

First a short rant...
I have this project posted on Knight Foundation, Knight Rider Online & Knight Rider Revolution, all Knight Rider Forums. Been on the Foundation since it's opening. Which is since like 03'/04', been in the Knight Rider community since like 02', joined the other 2 recently, anyhow. SAVAGE CIRCUITS members are the ONLY ONES WHO EVEN HAVE ENOUGH DECENCY TO RESPOND! So THANK YOU to ALL for the replies. At least I feel wanted around here!

Without further ranting here's my updates.

My stock dash wiring was shot, so a friend found a new harness, it's from a 90/91 but I've been making it work for me.

My wife Brandi doing a couple of soldering mods to the new harness.

The dash with all electric instruments. I've decided to swap in an 82-84 dash into my 89. Main reason is as my rear shot shows, I've added the rear wiper to my non-defog hatch, so needed to make my rear wiper switch fit the look of rest of the dash, and I'll be using the stock defog switch as a replacement driving lamp switch, I gotta make a control circuit for it before it will work for me.

Got my 82-84 dash core installed in KARR with the 89 instrument cluster and new wiring harness. I think it's going to look pretty good. Then got the fiberglass dash installed into place. I still have some wiring to finish, but it's getting there.

Though I have a rant on this. My new dash harness, I tried looking up info on the bulkhead connector, which connects the dash harness to main harness in engine bay, the diagrams I found don't even match the harness I have. Thanks to GM for making them for the most part Pin for Pin matching, only like 1 or 2 Pins I gotta figure out. So if my diagrams I had are for Firebirds as they are suppose to be, what ones??? Cause they ain't for US versions and Camaros have different setups, no headlight doors for starters. LOL Canadian cars maybe or some other Pontiac with V8's & TBI/TPI systems?? At least I'm going to get the dash harness in and connected up soon.

Joe

jknightandkarr

Postby jknightandkarr » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:06 am

Originally posted on the Savage///Circuits Forums on January 4th, 2015, 01:23 PM by jknightandkarr

Got my KARR some very early Xmas gifts. Here is a shot of my new gullwing steering wheel and switch pod unit.

Here's a shot of everything i got including the lower console which goes onto my factory center console.
(Note: Full size picture lost during forum migration)

I have to make the steering wheel but i cant complain. Its not a problem. I plan on making the knights head button a horn button as well as making it light up.

Joe

Return to “Automotive Electronics”