ZappBots wishes a warm welcome to everyone.

Especially our visitors from
Savage///Circuits and Parallax!!!

Please take a look our new forums, we hope you register and become an active user.

The ZappBots forums are being run on phpBB 3.1.4 software which is different then the vBulletin used on the Savage///Circuits and Parallax forums.
Therefore, things look and work a little different, especially creating posts and uploading images / attachments.

The important thing is we have a place toTalk, Learn and Showcase our projects.

Beagle Bone Black

This is the place to talk about Beagle Bone single board computers
zappman
Administrator
Administrator

Beagle Bone Black

Postby zappman » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:47 am

Has anyone reading this played with the Beagle Bone Black (BBB)?

I own one, but have not powered it up.

I am looking for something neat to do with BBB :?:
butlh ghajbogh nuv'e' yIHo'.
Admire the person with dirt under his fingernails.

blittled

Re: Beagle Bone Black

Postby blittled » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:13 pm

zappman,

I have a BBB. I haven't done much with it. I have tried putting a usb wifi stick on it but it doesn't have the power to run it. I found a project that uses it as a 100MHz 14 channel logic analyzer with the PRUs on it.

I prefer the BBB over the Raspi because I want real time response and the Linux OS for the Raspi can't do that. There is options for the BBB to run bare metal, RTOS or Linux with PRUs.

If you haven't guess I like the PRUs on the BBB. They are just like 2 100MHz 8K ram cogs. Just load assembly on them and let them run :)
Even though I'm totally dependent on modern electronic gizmos, from my laptop to my Kindle, I love to embrace old technology or no technology at all.

Return to “Beagle Bone”